The rise of armchair cybersecurity “experts” has accelerated in recent years. Perhaps the industry most impacted by these armchair cybersecurity experts is managed services.
As cyberattacks and threats continue to increase, so do the voices from these “amateur” compliance and security individuals who sometimes place unwarranted and dangerous risk on the MSP they use. Risks such as these must be identified and addressed immediately by the MSP if they hope to avoid assuming that risk internally.
- What are the characteristics of an armchair cyber expert?
- What are the risk impacts to the MSP?
- Role of contracts in addressing that risk
- Profile of “risky” clients who pose risk
- Without the MSP, where would this risk reside?
MSP Zone Guest: Rob Scott