The end of Ransomware?
You may have seen some news lately about the US government working with other governments to ban ransomware payments. Well, I’m not so sure it will stop ransomware, but it is an interesting topic and something we should discuss.
- Banning ransomware; what impact would it have?
- Government bans on ransomware payments will change how MSPs “manage” those clients
- Private sector should pay attention
Can MSPs be more proactive?
I read an article whose headline talked about MSPs being more “proactive” with their customers. It occurred to me that this type of guidance is not aimed at MSPs, but instead at break/fix companies. Which begs the question, why include MSP in the title at all? And there lies the problem. These articles cannot distinguish between MSP and non-MSP.
- Reactive IT providers…there are expectations you must meet when joining the ranks of the professional MSP
- Being more proactive means being an MSP; that’s the point!
- You can’t be a little proactive; it’s either all in or nothing at all
You can’t “resell” compliance
vCIO or CaaS offerings depend on your familiarity in speaking the MSP compliance language. We are talking to a lot of MSPs today who look at compliance in a way that is very short sighted and not what will make a competitive difference in the MSP organization over the long run.
What does it mean to “speak MSP compliance?”
- Understand compliance frameworks which matter to your customers
- Understand the role your MSP organization plays in customer compliance
- Reselling a GRC tool does not make you a compliance expert