M&A Buyer Tactics You May Want to Avoid
MSPs looking to acquire other MSPs are everywhere. MSP buyers have always existed and will always exist. Having seen what works and what doesn’t, I thought it would be helpful to discuss a few commonly employed buyer tactics I believe a) don’t work, and b) actually may work contrary to your organization’s best interests.
- What are MSP buyers looking for?
- Buyer outreach tactics currently used
- Randomized outreach
- No personalization
- Commodity approach to M&A
- Advice for how to reach
- Make it personal
- Develop relationships
- Communicate, don’t solicit
- Sell your yourself, not the other MSP