MSPs looking to acquire other MSPs are everywhere. MSP buyers have always existed and will always exist. Having seen what works and what doesn’t, I thought it would be helpful to discuss a few commonly employed buyer tactics I believe a) don’t work, and b) actually may work contrary to your organization’s best interests.
- What are MSP buyers looking for?
- Buyer outreach tactics currently used
- Randomized outreach
- No personalization
- Commodity approach to M&A
- Advice for how to reach
- Make it personal
- Develop relationships
- Communicate, don’t solicit
- Sell your yourself, not the other MSP