Every MSP uses some combination of RMM and ticketing technology. But, what are the security issues related to use of those platforms and how can MSPs ensure they are protected?
The issue of MSP security is being discussed quite a lot today. Perhaps nowhere is the MSP security more evident than in the use of RMM and ticketing platforms. How MSPs use these tools is very much part of the judicious and protective nature of what MSPs do for their clients everyday. Discussed in this episode of the MSP Zone are the following topics:
- RMM platforms are being targeted
- Known attack vectors moving forward
- Easily defended through MSP best practices
- Open APIs vs Native RMM Security options
- Leveraging large, best in breed security ecosystems
- Should MSPs diversify their technology choices?
- Does buying from a single vendor put MSPs (and clients) at greater risk?
- Should certain tools be segregated across different platforms? Security and Backup, for example
- Efficiency of using a single platform
- Billing efficiencies
- Pricing discounts
- Advanced integration
- Coupling a PSA and RMM
- Access to a wide variety of solutions to meet different skill levels
- Consolidated support stream of multiple vendors through a single channel
MSP Zone Guest: Jason Norton, Product Marketing Director at VIPRE Security
Further Reading: RMM Tools Comparison