Cyber Consultants at it again; managing remote MSP workers; compliance isn’t security
Weaver Outrage Meter: Low
Cyber Consultants at it Again
We have been coming across a unique brand of marketing and website design company lately; yes, you guessed it, they also do cybersecurity. It seems difficult not to come across cyber security “experts” these days, even if that claim may be dubious.
- Marketing gets into cybersecurity
- Cyber consultants need understanding of MSPs
- First do no harm!
Managing MSP remote workers (ticket reviews)
Since the pandemic remote work has exploded. The same is true within the managed services sector. MSPs, however, have some unique methods they can use to ensure their remote technical staff are actually being productive.
- Unproductive remote workers
- Lack of data
- Ticket review benefits
Compliance isn’t Security
With so much noise around compliance, I thought it might be nice to explore some fundamentals around compliance, what it is, and what it is not.
- Security isn’t compliance either
- Being secure is its own goal and reward
- Compliance is about communication and transparency