AI Ethics in Managed Services, Compliance Reporting, and Making Peace with Cyber Consultants
Weaver Outrage Meter: Low
AI Ethics in Managed Services
You heard correctly. Ethics in artificial intelligence. This is going to be a big issue moving forward and MSPs had better familiarize themselves with what is happening because before too long, MSPs will be dealing directly with AI devices and scenarios.
- Google CEO says he doesn’t ‘fully understand’ how new AI program Bard works
- AI teaching itself
- AI creating malware
All the discussion around compliance lately is missing one crucial element: reporting. Without reporting, no compliance exercise you undertake will be of use to anyone outside your organization.
- Compliance reporting
- Balancing transparency with security
- Lessons learned from FFIEC
Making Peace with Cyber Consultants
The old adage is “if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.” Well, that’s not exactly the issue here but it’s close. Maybe a better way to put it is “if they can’t beat you, they should join you.” Cyber consultants are likely here to stay, which is not to say that we can’t (or shouldn’t) attempt to forge a pathway that is, if not together, at least on parallel tracks.
- Cyber workers are like anyone else…they all start from the beginning
- Cyber workers need to understand their own career path
- Cyber workers need to understand MSPs and be respectful of the role they have